Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lace, Batik + Henna


I've realized lately, that this bracelet literally goes w/ everything I own.




I love mixing print and texture like this.  I wore this outfit to work on Friday, the dress came in the mail on Thursday and I just couldn't wait to take it for a spin (literally)!  I love the colors and the fact that it's handmade, cotton, full-skirted and also a great deal!  The fit was a bit off for me (I'll need to take in the waist and bust), but wearing a belt and a top underneath helped for the time being.

Another thing I received in the mail on Thursday is the henna I ordered to complete the tattoo I wanted (it's on my list of summer goals)! At first I thought I would do a sleeve of sorts, but because I work in an office I decided to go for the slightly more conspicuous ankle/calf piece.  Besides, it will be much easier for me to see and complete myself than my arm would've been.  This is something I've wanted to do for awhile, so I'm pretty stoked!  I may get a legit tattoo one day, but in the mean time I find henna to be a great alternative, and way to explore what I may eventually want in ink.  I'm not sure exactly what it will look like yet, I'm working on some rough doodles for now.  I do want to have it finished (on my skin) by the end of the month though, so I better get to work brainstorming!



{Batik Dress} - handmade, Alfie Ruth
{Lace Top} - ModCloth
{Belt} - vintage, thrifted
{Shoes} - Seychelles
{Bracelet} - gift

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!