Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hello July

July is easily one of my favorite months.  I love it's balmy weather (at least here in the Midwest), the celebration of my country's birth, and the fact that somehow most of my big summer events happen in July.  Today was sadly not warm or balmy, but I wore this anyway-- wishful thinking maybe?



Please excuse the crazily wrinkled state of this skirt!  It's linen so I suppose that's expected after sitting in it, but I didn't realize what a mess it was in the moment.  When it's not so wrinkly, I love the 1940's silhouette and notched waist.  The truth though is that it's actually from the 70's, which is funny because that makes it both vintage and vintage inspired!



I found this key-chain sometime during high school at a local antique shop and had it on my car keys.  I eventually realized it was too large and heavy for my liking (it's brass), and stopped using it.  When the zipper pull on this bag broke awhile ago, I rediscovered it as the perfect fix!  It's a huge improvement on the pull that broke and also adds a personal touch.  It's funny that when things break (literally and figuratively) it just creates an opportunity for better things to come along.



{purple skirt} 40's inspired 70's vintage, from Blue VooDoo Vintage
{striped tank} T.J. Maxx
{heart lariat necklace} Vintage, Grandmother's
{brown satchel} T.J. Maxx
{mary jane flats} Lulu's

PS - No henna tattoo yet, though I did a practice run in watercolor.  Shooting for Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!