Friday, January 9, 2015

Almost Primary









Holiday aftermath today; answering cards and letters, returning to unfinished projects, and feeling strangely inspired to post here again.  

Over the last couple of months, I've received a needed combination of edification and kick-in-the-pants from several people who love me-- to step forward and put my creative gifts to tangible use.  So I am starting, trying, building, moving forward with my hands open. 

Details
{dress} - worn as top, Asos
{pencil skirt} - vintage 50's, thrifted
{sweater} - buttoned in back, J.Crew
{tights} - ModCloth
{heels} - Chelsea Crew
{watch} - vintage 30's, inherited




4 comments:

  1. "So I am starting, trying, building, moving forward with my hands open. "
    that line, for some reason, just hit be between the eyes as brilliant.
    your style though, so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail! I've been realizing the simple brilliance of that mindset too-- which comes far from naturally to me, hence the trying. ;) Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I adore this outfit! And for some reason it reminds me of a rainy day in Paris. Perhaps because it's the same colors as what Madeline wears.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that observation! Perhaps that's why the colors made sense to me, subconciously. I think it reminds me of Snow White too (minus the blue). :)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!