Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stars and Staples



This is what I wore to church Sunday morning (I know, hindsight) but by the afternoon, we had quite a hot day on our hands.  I ended up stopping home and switching out my cotton skirt for some shorts, which was much better for the sweltering weather.  I couldn't help but be struck that both garments looked good with this blouse though, as it's kind of a hard one to coordinate-- which brought be to supreme appreciation for my wardrobe staples.




I'm a lover of novelty and unique pieces when it comes to clothing, but I've become better in recent years about gathering some staple pieces that can be worn with anything-- or just about.  This skirt and pair of shorts are definitely both in that category and go swimmingly with just about any color or pattern.  

Stars and Staples, I suppose that could be an aesthetic philosophy of its own. :)

Details
{blouse} - handmade by me with vintage polished cotton.
{shorts} - vintage 80's
{necklace} - inherited from my grandmother
{flats} - BCBG Max Azaria

1 comment:

  1. oh i love how you mixed the different prints. these are some of my favorite colors you have featured here and you wear them so well! you look so fresh and summer like
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!