Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jeans


Now and then I do wear pants for purposes other than walking my dog early in the morning.  I've actually made a practice of wearing jeans (specifically the blue, normal-low-waist kind) every once in a while to shake myself up.  And it does, wearing jeans is weird for me.  Don't get me wrong, I can sport menswear really well, but there's something assimilated feeling about walking around in jeans and a blouse.  But I suppose that's exactly why I have to do it.  I have a tendency to over value (or make an idol of) individuality, which muddies the truth that we are all individuals regardless of our choice to follow the stream, or not.

So sometimes I don outfits like this, to remind myself.  Even if it makes me feel a bit awkward.


Details
{peplum top} - Esley
{jeans} - True Religion
{necklace} - handmade via Seven Finches
{leather cuff} - handmade by me
{shoes} - Lollipop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!