Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 + Winter White




Welcome twenty-fourteen, you look swell!  I've had a couple rough days this week so the weather these past couple of days has felt like a hug from God.  I thought the first day of this year, full of beautiful snow, was quite perfect for donning winter white and wrapping myself in my surroundings.

I've met two South American foreign exchange students in the last year, and both reacted to snow with a wonder I find strangely absent from most of us local folks.  I don't think I could ever see or walk into falling snow without awe and a surge in my gut.  Like sunsets, waterfalls, thunder storms and many natural wonders, it's impossible to document with justice. Perhaps that's why I love it so-- that it's a thing of feeling, not seeing.






I forgot to mention in the last post, I got bangs a couple of weeks ago!  I know, weird.  I'm already planning to grow them out because frankly, they are too high maintenance for yours truly.  Enjoying them while they last!

Happy New Year!
-----

Details
{dress} - vintage 50's, thrifted
{cardigan} - vintage 50's, gift
{coat} - vintage 50's, thrifted
{tights} - ModCloth, gift
{necklace} - handmade, gift
{boots} - Fiorentini & Baker
{gloves} - vintage 40's, thrifted






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!