Saturday, July 20, 2013

Citrus Floral


It's been a little over a week since I last posted an I feel like so much has happened, mostly positive.  Sandblast was wonderful-- it's a camp for the high school kids at my church, but it was so spiritually nourishing for me as well.  I've realize lately how much my involvement in youth ministry keeps me on my toes, even just as a volunteer small group leader.  Through the teaching and worship of course, but also through the thoughts and questions that my small group girls express.

Maybe it has something to do with attending a month of sleep away camp every summer growing up, but I love the camp environment.  I'd seriously live that way if I could.  Funny enough, but I think Sandblast challenged me socially this year too-- I'm pretty standoff-ish and awkward in large group settings, but last weekend I surprised myself by being much more open and amiable.  I have no idea how that happened, but I've been praying for God to continue to thaw and sweep me up in His plans.

Ugh, there is so much more to speak of in the past week!  I'll have to save it for another post though, so this one doesn't become a novel. :)



This dress is one of my summer favorites, I wear it as much as possible (probably too much) in the warm months because I just haven't found it to be wearable in the Winter.  I'm generally not a fan of "fashion rules" about when and how things must be worn-- I wear most of my dresses year round, albeit styled differently for the current season.  This is not one of those dresses.  Come September, I'll pack it and a couple other "summer only" dresses away, and unpack my few "winter only" ones.

Hmm, though maybe if I had a rust hued pair of sweater tights...?  :)


{Dress} - vintage 60's, thrifted
{Bag} - vintage, shop stock
{Necklace} - gift from Mom
{Flats} - Modcloth


1 comment:

  1. This. Dress. is AMAZING. Such a beautiful print, and I love the shape.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!