Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Abandon





Believe it or not, I actually found these adorable slacks at Goodwill!  I was pretty shocked to find such 40's style pants wedged in between skinny jeans and 90's flairs, but you just don't ask questions about a find like that!  The missing button has since been remedied. ;)

I ditched my fiery locks a few weeks ago, so looking at these pictures (which are from before then) is a little funny in hindsight-- I didn't realize it was that bright! Haha, I'll chalk it up to experience.

As this year comes to a close, I've been expressing a lot-- I mean more than usual.  I wrote a long overdue letter to tie up some loose ends and get some closure.  I shared a poem that I wrote over six months ago with the person I wrote it about.  Funny, but I'm realizing that sometimes the craziest, most uncomfortable instincts are the ones you really ought to follow-- even if other people don't get it, and think you are silly.

You know, maybe I am silly.  So be it.

The only thing I really ever regret is not expressing myself, and giving voice to things that lay heavy on my heart.  It seems the heaviest of those are the first to be neglected, because they are usually inconvenient.  I'm kind of tired of that, or at least the aftermath of it.  

I'm not really a New Year's resolution person, but I'll say that 2016 is going to be a year of abandon for me.  Abandoning the remnants of my self doubt/consciousness, abandoning fear and clinging to the truth of my heavenly Father's provision and faithfulness, abandoning how I think things should be.  

I've tasted the freedom that comes from that in 2015, and really just want more.


All of the Shoulda-Coulda-Wouldas lyin' in the sun, 
talkin' about the things that they shoulda-coulda-woulda done.  
Then all of the Shoulda-Coulda-Wouldas ran away and hid, from one little Did.
-Shel Silverstien

Details
{blouse} - thrifted
{sweater} - Urban Outfitters
{jacket} - Michael Kors
{pants} - thrifted
{shoes} - Chelsea Crew


2 comments:

  1. First off, your outfit is smashing! It's totally effortless chic. And, I totally hear you on the joy of finding such items at a thrift store! You always want it to happen, but don't expect it.

    Like you, I'm not a New Years Resolutions person either, but I am looking forward to the new year with fresh eyes to let go of things and expand upon others.

    Cheers
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janey, thanks! Hope the first several days of your New Year have been bright! :)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!