Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Road Trip: Part II Exploring Charleston

All and all, Charleston is a pretty sweet town. I love that it's a city, but it feels more like a town (complete with adorable vintage architecture).  The people are as sweet as the tea, and the weather is beautiful (says the girl who loves humid balmy weather).  Here are some of my favorite moments from the week!

This was the best panini I've had-- I hesitate to say ever (that's a long time), but certainly for a great, long while.  It was zucchini, mozzarella and I think pistachios.  They also had an awesome array of teas and coffee, yum.  If in Charleston, you must go to the Persimmon Cafe!




My first touch of the sea on the east coast, oh the constant strong, salty breeze-- probably my favorite part. What can I say, my Mom is adorable. Literally everyone's first description of her is "cute".  It's true. :)


The dearest boy there is. :)








The Charleston Museum (which apparently was the first museum in these here United States) was very cool, covering military, social, natural, medical and many other facets of the history of Charleston (and in many ways, of our country).  This was even more interesting and reflective for me, because my Irish ancestors immigrated to Charleston in 1641-- so much of what I saw at the museum made my imagining of their lives more real.

Like always though, my favorite section was natural history-- they actually had a ton on prehistoric remains found in South Carolina (including the largest Pterodactyl, which they had on display!) which made yours truly giddy. I have always loved dinosaurs. :)



Charleston, farewell for now, but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!