Friday, August 29, 2014

Ginger + Star Anise Tea



Because I'm still recovering from bonchitis, I thought I'd share a delicious and beneficial tea recipe I happened upon.  It's great for any sort of upper respiratory sickness, but I could see it as a great Autumn tea as well-- it's a little spicy and goes great with honey!

The best thing about this tea is that it's so easy to make-- in fact, it may not actually be "tea" at all, as there are no tea leaves involved (Shhhh, It's fine). You're only ingredients are:

  • Ginger root - natural inflammation soother
  • Star anise (found in the spice section) - natural expectorate
  • Honey


Directions: Boil a regular sized pot of water, eventually bringing it back to a simmer. Cut the ginger in chunks (skin on), and add to the simmering pot along with a couple star anise. I used about 7 golf ball sized chunks of ginger, and two star anise.  Let the pot simmer for 20 minutes, add two teaspoons of honey and serve!

See?  I told you it was simple!  I kept most of my batch in the fridge and just heated it up as needed,  I would say an average size pan makes 3-4 servings.

Happy tea sipping!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious! I don't really like tea, but I think I could give this a shot since there aren't any bitter leaves in there. Feel better soon! Bronchitis is the worst...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!