Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bluberry Rose


I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I've been wearing a lot of blue and pink together recently, I knew I had a green + pink tendency but this is new.  This 1940's dress is very fun (in a curious sort of way) because it's actually shorts!  I'm hoping to wear it more as the weather warms up since it's lightweight and super versatile.

I've started the week off by washing and measuring my new found vintage stock-- or at least getting a start on it, there's a lot!  I'm so excited to start adding them to the shop in the coming weeks so keep an eye out!

A tiny peek at what's to come!


Details
{dress} - vintage 40's, thrifted
{cardigan} - J.Crew
{belt} - Target
{necklace} - handmade by Seven Finches
{boots} - handmade by me

2 comments:

  1. ah, they're shorts! what a genius idea. i might have to look into something like that.
    and did i see you made your boots! thats amazing! care to elaborate on that?
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be glad to elaborate on the boots, I made them in a shoemaking class a bit over a year ago. I've long dabbled in leatherwork and looked for a shoemaker to study under for a while, couldn't find one (they are rare in the US) and after taking that class, I gave up trying to find one. Several months later God dropped a local shoemaker right in my lap and now I'm apprenticing w/ her! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!