Friday, January 17, 2014

House and Home



It seems that at any point in the past 5 years, someone in my family has been moving or preparing to move.  Today I helped my Mom begin her last move for a few years, as she just bought a house!  She sold our family childhood home over a year ago to downsize and has been renting and waiting for the right time to buy.  I'm quite excited for her and hopeful that this will mean less moving, at least for a few years.

Ironically (really, I didn't even think about it) I wore this dress which is covered with an abstract, Monet-esque house print!  Friends, this is why I've said before that I sometimes feel like Ms. Frizzle. :) This dress is one of my favorites, I found it while out in Colorado and could never bring myself to sell it because it twirls like a dream.  Haha, sometimes it's actually a bit much-- I have to really watch it on blustery summer days! Thank goodness for winter tights.




Details
{sweater} - J.Crew
{dress} - 50's vintage, thrifted
{belt} - vintage 60's, thrifted
{tights} - Modcloth
{oxfords} - Julianne Hough, gift
{gloves} - vintage 50's, thrifted

1 comment:

  1. oooh! I love the dress! really like how you paired it with the long sleeved. I should do that, I get so cold and I hate covering up nice dresses with cardigans. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!