Monday, November 25, 2013

Windows

This morning I spent such a peaceful time painting in the study, it's fast become one of my favorite spots in the apartment because it has loads of natural light.  The bay windows look out on the little town I live in, which at first felt like living in a fish bowl.  This morning though, I've realized that it's actually a snow globe,  at least for the winter anyway.  Because I'm on the upper floor it's the perfect spot to watch the snow come down, as it did this morning.



There's something about falling snow that beckons the watcher out into it's swirling midst, so after painting I took Chico for a jaunt around the block.  Poor guy, about halfway through he turned around (usually he refuses to go backwards!) and started sprinting back towards home!  He gets cold paws pretty easily, truly I need to find him some booties or something. Bless his heart but I don't think I'll ever get used to being a small dog owner!


I even pulled out snow boots for the first time today!



Details
{cashmere cardigan} - vintage 50's, thrifted
{skirt} - vintage 80's, thrifted
{tights} - Target
{boots} - Fiorentini & Baker
{locket necklace} - vintage, Grandmother's











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!