Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blessed + Worn




Well, it has been a good long while since I've sat down an written!  Much has happened (as life does), and I'm so excited about Fall this year.  I've been working on several projects, and have had great opportunities to collaborate with others lately.  I've been working as a vintage consultant/stylist on a 20's themed wedding, and recently launched a personal project on the Enneagram.  Between the two of those, trying to find time to paint (I actually sold an iPhone case to an apparent Lumberjack lover!), managing my shop, and finishing up my internship with the wonderful folks at Mata Traders, I'm a bit tuckered out.  But the good kind of tired-- that makes me realized how much God has blessed me in this season, putting my hands to specific work and filling my life with all sorts of people.  I'm also moving in November to an apartment in a tiny green Victorian, and I'm thrilled!  More on that later.

In other news, I just purchased some new leather!  Though I've neglected them, the shoe dreams are not dead-- I may need to wait until I have more free time to start working on the next pair though.  I've been wearing my first pair a lot.  I wore them on long walks this summer, to estate sales and coffee shops, and I've been commuting, and tromping on leaves in them of late.  It makes me so happy to see these shoes do what they are meant to!  I'll never forget the first time I wore them to a forest preserve, my Mom was shocked that I would risk dirt or damage to them.  While they were crafted by hand, they were meant to walk dusty paths and dewy grass and be worn.  

And they are weathering quite sweetly, I dare say.



{peplum} - Modcloth
{corduroys} - Khols
{bracelet} - gift
{ring} - Mother's, vintage
{belt} - Mother's, vintage
{shoes} - handmade by me
{whistle necklace} - this shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!