Sunday, May 12, 2013

Silver + Gold


Oh, what a weekend!  The past two days have been packed full of people I love!  I throughly enjoyed it, but my introverted self is pretty tuckered out at this point.  Saturday morning I got to meet with three of my dearest friends for our bi-weekly small group at one of my favorite local coffee shops.  That meeting every other Saturday is something I always look forward to, it's such a great source of community and mutual acceptance, laughter and accountability.  Lovlier lady friends I could not ask for. :)

Saturday afternoon, I attended a wedding and spent the evening catching up with some dear old friends.  My two best childhood friends, their families and other old neighbors.  Stories were told, photographs shown and life stories updated.  Haha, my Saturday reminds me of a song we used to sing in Girlscouts (yes, I was one): "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold".  True words.











And of course, today was Mother's Day, which I had the opportunity to spend with my Mom!   This morning, we headed to the city for brunch at The Publican-- partially because of the great food, and partially to visit my brother who works across the street at PQM.  Afterwards, we headed to one of our favorite local antique markets and spent the afternoon browsing.  I have the most wonderful Mother, I truly don't know where I'd be without her loving, selfless, patient presence in my life.  Don't get me wrong, we have our ups and downs.  We are both flawed people, and very different individuals but I respect and love her with all my heart.

Happy Mother's Day!

{Skirt} - Vintage 40's, thrifted
{Blouse} - ? From high school
{Cardigan} - Vintage 50's, thrifted
{Tights} - Target
{Oxfords} - Zappos
{Necklace} - Seven Finches

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!