Monday, August 10, 2015

Lately {8.10.15}



It's been a while since I just sat down and wrote.

Over the past week, I posted a project that I've been working on for awhile-- and I am so happy with it! It's interview/photo based, but actually more than a little mixed media in presentation. Check it out if you'd like! :)

Wednesday, I spent quality time among flowers with a good, good friend.  




Thursday and Friday were spent with random + lovely individuals, serving some of the world's greatest leaders (beautiful accents and all), during which: I was perceived to be 17 (repeatedly), realized I'm not all that bad at interacting with people, and I learned a lot about leadership that I still need to process.  

Oh, and I spotted a guy with a Boba Fett tattoo on his leg (I wish I had a picture of that).

Clearly my head is really, really full at the moment (to have stuff like that^ leaking out). It's always strange coming back to Earth after wonderfully-unusual happenings. My reality is awesome, but it is hard. There are so many new, growing things happening, but even with good, good change, comes a long to do list.

At the end of July, I found a studio work space to rent, and by that, I mean that God dropped it squarely into my lap.  It could not be more perfect for me, or for the little business I am trying to grow. :)  I haven't posted much about it here, but I've been making handmade canvas bags and backpacks that will become an added element to my vintage stock. I'm still tweaking, but will probably start listing them for sale sometime in the next month.



So many good things, and so many thoughts. The real challenge of this season so far, is that it's required almost constant action from me-- uh, remember, I suck at that?  Well, apparently yours truly is being grown, and I can't say that I hate it.  

Action is, strangely, becoming my friend. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this post. How you just put my feelings into words is remarkable. Life is full right now, and that's a good thing. May the good things continue to grow in your life.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and questions, comment away!